Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Take a Picture. Click Click: The Set Up

Since I knew that I wanted the faux-to booth, I had to decide how the pictures would actually be taken. Last February, I blogged about wanting a Canon Rebel for my birthday. So, I bought it myself. Happy Birthday to me! I talked to the parentals and they agree that this would be the best way to utilize it during the reception because I don't want family to be working and our photographer is a one-(wo)man show.

There are a few things that I need to take care of before I can say, "Yes, this is figured out and taken care of." First up, the tripod:

{Should it be tall and stand on the floor, like this one?}

{Or short/table size like this one?}

I am going to have props and other things that would be on the table, which is why I'm not sure what route to go. My issue with both is the opportunity for someone to bump it and it fall over. Now, I know that both have this risk attached to them. I'm just trying to think of the option that has a lesser chance. The good thing about the tall one is that I already have a friend that has offered to let me use hers!

Next up, the photo display:

I really want the people in the picture to be able to see if they are all in it to avoid lots of retakes. I'd rather them to be able to move on to new props, funny faces, or whatever instead of having to worry about whether you'll be able to see everyone in the photo! My solution has a small, flat screen TV involved. I'm hoping things don't get too complicated.


{I already have a tv we can use, it's small & perfect}

In my brain, which doesn't always translate things very nicely, sees the camera on the tripod with the small television sitting on the table next to it. There's one wire running from the camera to the tv and the image is displayed on it. Easy enough, right? Well, according to some Internet Folks, it is simple! I plan on trying this out before the wedding (Duh!) so that we don't have an mishaps/disappointments.

Since we won't have anyone behind the camera, we'll need another solution. I needed something that could not only take the picture, but I really wanted it to be able to zoom in and out. I'm not really sure how this is going to work, but I'm going to give it my all! If, for whatever reason, it won't zoom it won't be the end of world... but I really hope that it does. Cue the remote:

{The best part about this is that it's not expensive. Thanks Amazon!}

Just for fun, I'll show you some of the props that I made. I made them early because I knew if I waited I'd run out of time and end up spending too much money ordering them. Please forgive me for looking gross in these pictures.






1 comment: