Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Uniforms, Swords, and Arches... Oh my!

Mr. O, as you know, is in the Marines and boy does he look good in his uniform! So I am happy to announce that he will be wearing it for our wedding. Not only will he be wearing his uniform, but so will all of the groomsmen. It's funny how everyone on his side is in the Marines, even Brother O.

At first Mr. O wasn't sure if he wanted the GM to be in tuxes or their uniforms, but I begged showed him a few pictures to try to sway him. Lucky for me, he gave in.

I'm not exactly sure where I got this. Whoops!

one of my faves.

I think this is funny.

Not only do I get to see my love and all of his besties in their uniforms, but I also get to walk through a sword arch with my (by then) husband! I have to say that I really love all the of the traditions involved in a military wedding.


{The little tap on the bum is a part of the tradition, too. It's their way of welcoming me.}

Lastly, I get to use the sword! According to tradition, 

"At a wedding, an officer, passes his sword and presents it to his bride, by laying the sword over his left forearm, cutting edge away from the body, hilt towards the bride. The bride takes the sword and cuts the wedding cake, with the groom's right hand resting over hers on the sword's hilt and with his left arm free to place around his bride."


All of these Marine touches will not only make me swoon over pictures, but it's a nice way to recognize and appreciate the lifestyle that Mr. O has enjoyed (and continuese to enjoy) so much and a lifestyle that I will be coming a part of. Semper Fi!

No comments:

Post a Comment