Sunday, September 11, 2011

A Callus Builds Character: Invites Part II

I mentioned last time that I did some "serious trial and error" when trying to figure out the best process for the invitations. When I say serious, I mean serious! I, initially, bought some pretty big poster board-like paper and was going to do pocketfolds. Well, the craft demons stopped me in my tracks not long after I started.

{Thinking, "What have I gotten myself into?!"}

First of all, pocketfolds are difficult. Yes, there are some great tutorials out there but they just weren't cutting it for me. I think there are a few reason for this: 1) I'm crafty, but I also want it to be as easy as possible (read: I'm lazy) 2) When there is so much cutting, attaching, etc... I start to get anal about wanting straight lines and when it comes to a pocketfold I just couldn't get it perfect, which drove me insane.

These problems weren't all my fault. For example, my bestie (BM Coach), was in town and we decided to tackle this project. Well, we bought the poster board stuff and then proceeded to run into a brick wall. No, not a real one, but a "this paper isn't cut straight to begin with," wall. We had intended on using the outside edge of the poster board as a guide to assure that our other cuts were straight. Turns out, that wasn't going to work. Seriously!? Someone please tell me a instance when they bought poster board and every single piece was cut at an angle. Yeah, that would happen to me.

 {Off by a lot. Ugh!}

At this point, I decided that pocketfolds weren't going to be in our wedding future so I moved on. Since then, I've ordered the correct cardstock (it's cut straight, yay!) and have working diligently on our new style of invites. It's going great and I love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment