Monday, September 19, 2011

I'll take you to the Candy Shop...

Funny story: Mr. O thinks it's hilarious to sing this song randomly, but not in rap form. More like Steve Carell style. Needless to say, it's hilarious.


As much as I would love to talk about all of the songs that Mr. O likes to randomly start belting out (trust me, it's a lot) that's not why I started this post. This is all about the Candy Buffet! At first, I called it a "Candy Bar," but people got confused because they thought I was talking about chocolate.

When the wedding planning first started, the day after we got engaged (hehe, jk... kind of), I started looking in magazines, blogs, etc... You know, the norm. Well, I love candy and so does Mr. O. I don't eat it all the time but that's only because I don't let myself buy it. If I have candy around I usually devour it. You can tell why I fell in love with the idea of the Candy Buffet.



I wanted something that people could take home as favors but it wouldn't just be thrown in a drawer (or in the trash - sad!). I like the idea of people snacking on it on their way home or whatever their hearts desire. I also love the cute, old fashioned candy dishes. Growing up, my family and I would go to Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg about once a year and all of the candy shops have them. They are adorable! Must. Have. Candy. Dishes.


The way that I plan to tie it into the wedding reception is a little different than the "wedding norm," in my opinion. As much as I love the color coordinated candy buffets, I don't think they are for us. It would limit our options too much and we don't want to do that.


{Adorable, but not for us.}

So, we are embracing the colorful awesome-ness of an assortment of goodies! We are even incorporating some homemade treats from Mr. O's mom and some of my family members -- my mom, aunt, and great gma spend days before Christmas making delish candy). My inspiration ranges, but here are some things that make me swoon.


{Just imagine candy in them. Source.}

{Love. Source.}

{My absolute favorite. The mosquito net!}

This mosquito net photo makes me all types of 11 year old "I love Andrew Keegan" giddy!


No comments:

Post a Comment