Saturday, September 10, 2011

Flower Power: Part Uno

First of all, I love flowers. I don't think I can really express how much I love them. I don't know when my love for them started, but it started and hasn't stopped. They smell amazing, they look awesome, and you can't deny that they don't cheer up a room. Okay... I'm going a little overboard. Sorry.

{I'm not sure where I got all of these photos because I did a random Google search long ago.} 

Flowers also mean a lot to me. Not just because they're pretty, but because of all my great memories associated with them. When I was growing up my grandma always loved tiger lilies and I've carried that love on with me after she passed away. She even told me a story once about how her and my gpa, whom I never had the pleasure of meeting, had planted some outside their house. Then, after he passed away and she moved into a new house, the lilies just bloomed right outside her door. 

They also mean a lot because throughout our relationship Mr. O has gone above and beyond by sending me flowers -- lots of flowers. Just a little way of saying that he loves me and misses me. Once, when we first started dating & he was away, he sent me flowers. The card said "I miss you." - Not signed. Nothing else. Just three happy (kinda sad) words. This was the first time that he'd ever said he missed me. Small victories! He's so awesome and thoughtful that it's out of control, but a nice bouquet always makes me think of him. 

When I was searching for a florist, way back in February or March, Mr. O named a few local shops that he knew of and we decided to stop in while we were visiting his family. I barely had any inspiration of what I wanted and the things that I thought I wanted I no longer want (shocking). Well, when I walked in with my little binder (that has tripled in size since then) they were so rude! Total Pretty Women on Rodeo Drive moment. 

 

I mean, I wasn't wearing that outfit but now that we're on the topic, have you seen the Toddlers and Tiaras latest controversy??  Whoa, we are way in left field! We were talking about flowers, right?!

Ah, yes... So they were rude to me & acted like they didn't have time to talk. Unless, of course, I wanted to pay the $25 fee for a "formal meeting." I mentioned this was over a year out from my wedding, right? Mind you, they were doing nothing when I walked in. Sitting. That's it. Why in the heck would I pay $25 for a meeting that was 9 times out of 10.. okay 10 times out of 10... not going to mean squat by the time the wedding came around. I left feeling sad. 


Mr. O took me to the next place. Still feeling discouraged, I walked in and met one of the happiest florists I've ever come in contact with. This lady was so darn nice to me! That's all I wanted. Someone to be nice to me, humor me. I'm really that easy to please. Not only did she greet me with a smile but she went into full blown wedding talk! She was even nice enough to go to the back to grab some stems as examples NUMEROUS times. Sealed.the.deal. I knew that some way, some how I wanted to use them for our wedding.

{Yay! So exciting! Source}

About a month ago, I went to visit Mr. O's family and was able to meet with this lovely little lady again. She was just as chatty and happy as she was when I met her the first time. This time was the more formal meeting and it was free. Yeah, eat that Meanies. Mr. O's sister went with me and was such a big help! I would have forgotten to ask about 5,000 questions had she not reminded me. I left feeling really good about what we talked about. Ahh, it's so nice to feel progress happening.

After I spend the floral budget at Happy Floral Shop* I have an itch to walk into Meanie Floral Shop* and say, "Big mistake. Big. Huge."

*Did you really think that was the actual name of the floral shop? No, it's not. 

No comments:

Post a Comment