Monday, February 28, 2011

Craft Goodness: Round 1

This weekend was a fun experience. I kind of grabbed the bull by the horns and started doing trial runs of the things that I'd like make for the wedding. This was for 2 reasons: (1) I didn't have any plans for the weekend and needed something to keep me busy (2) I was beginning to wonder if I'd taken on too much.

The result? I'm totally ready for this. I don't think I took on too many things and I'm looking forward to a few other projects that I'm sure are going to pop up. All of the projects went really well. Some of them will go so much faster with more than one person helping.  I would show you some of the results, but I don't want all the details of the wedding to be anticlimactic. 

One thing that has become something that I thoroughly enjoy are these gems.

Pretty!

That, my friend, is a fabric flower. I made it and they have made me really love my crafty side. I love to make them and when one of the girls that I nanny for saw it she insisted on having them for her hair.

What a great idea!

She loves them and has now asked for numerous in different colors. That leads to my next venture.... I'm going to start custom making these and selling them on Etsy. I will have a variety of pins, hair accessories, headbands, etc...

The process has already begun and I plan to recruit some of my lovely lady friends to be walking promotions for me. How it will work? I will send them an accessory of their choice and they'll wear it and if anyone asks about it they'll promote it for me! :) Easy enough. If you're interested in wearing one or would like to gift one to someone please let me know!!

Okay... back to my craft corner.

PS -- I think I found our wedding photographer. I don't know. I don't want to jinx it, but I just have a fantastic feeling about this one... I'll keep you posted. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment