Thursday, March 3, 2011

A Horse of a Different Color

When I started thinking "wedding," which seems to consume a lot of my thoughts these days, I pretty much knew what colors I wanted to have. I'm sure it all transpired as I watched Wedding Sundays on the WE Network or a random episode of Four Weddings on TLC, but either way it happened. I stuck with the simple colors that you would find in the crayon box, but now... a few months and 10,000 blogs later... I'm starting to jump on the color snob train.

I'll explain right after I belt out some "Forever and Ever" - Randy Travis (songs are forever distracting me). I digress.

So I read all of these blogs and see all of these color palates. When I look at them I think, "Cool. Pink, Orange, and Green." Then, I read and it says their colors are, "Honeysuckle, Coral Rose, and Peapod." Doesn't that just sound so much cooler?! I, in the beginning, was thinking that they really knew what they were talking about and they were just oh so sophisticated. Then I realized that they just refer to Pantone.

Apparently, people eat, sleep, and breathe Pantone colors. For example, I've seen at least 100 times that "Honeysuckle" has been released as the color of 2011. Yes... THE color. Do you know how many brides are going to have a Honeysuckle (aka Hot Pink) wedding this year?! I'll tell you... a lot.


You might not think this is so bad. So what? They have a color of the year. Wait... just wait! Read WHY.

"While the 2010 color of the year, PANTONE 15-5519 Turquoise, served as an escape for many, Honeysuckle emboldens us to face everyday troubles with verve and vigor. A dynamic reddish pink, Honeysuckle is encouraging and uplifting. It elevates our psyche beyond escape, instilling the confidence, courage and spirit to meet the exhaustive challenges that have become part of everyday life."

Yeah, that's right... because it's encouraging and uplifting. WHAT?! 

Anways, I'm starting to catch on. I've changed my colors... they used to be dark purple, limey green, and champange. I got a little color snobbish w/ champagne, but I just genuinely didn't want to say "tan," because tan isn't the color I wanted. My new colors are Phlox, Limolious, and I'll stick with Champagne but I do kinda prefer Crystallized Ginger. lol... Who am I right now?!

** "Limolicious" looks a little too olive-y for me, but it's the closest thing I could find without searching through Valspar forever. You get the point. 

** I'm also not going to say "phlox, crystallized ginger, or limolicious" ever... unless I'm joking. This was more satire than it was anything. What can I say?! I'm a jokester.

No comments:

Post a Comment