Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Working on My Fitness: Recipes

I've been exploring my options of healthy recipes and I've recently found some really great websites! Granted, my favorite ones aren't necessarily healthy but overall I've found some new ways to make the food I already like just a little better for me!

{Holy cow, this looks delish. It's not TOO bad for you!}

The little piece of heaven up there was found on the website Sunny Side Up in San Diego. Some of my other favorites from her website include the Creamy Mustard Potato Salad (she uses yogurt instead of mayo!), Beef with Eggplant, Mashed Potato Pizza (not healthy, but c'mon ... mashed potatoes AND pizza?!), and more! I seriously love 95% of the recipes. Sorry, but I'm still cannot jump on the brussels sprouts train.





Another site that I've had my eye on is skinnytaste.com. With a name like that you know you have to be at the right place for healthy choices! My favorite part is that she features my favorite dessert recipes in a "low-fat" version. As much as I love my gooey cupcakes and brownies, I know it's unrealistic to cut all sweets out of my diet. However, I'd definitely consider using healthy(er) ingredients.


She doesn't just feature dessert! She has some pretty awesome recipes for entrees, too. I'm looking forward to trying some of these out with friends. I know the holidays are approaching and that's definitely going to be the hardest part of my "stay healthy" kick. Hopefully, I can find some really awesome alternatives.



{Chicken Rollatini with Spinach & Parmigiana -- Yes, I know this is covered in cheese}



Great, now I'm hungry!!

No comments:

Post a Comment