Monday, October 24, 2011

I'll take you to the candy shop: Bag-O-Goodies

Like I previously discussed, we will be having a candy buffet (it's going to be epic). I couldn't have everyone leaving with their candy in their pockets! So, that took me on a journey to find adorable doggie bags for each guest to have. Little did I know, there are about 50,000 options on what you can use.

{Very cute but I thought it would be strange to use this with no Chinese theme.}

{Cute, but I just wasn't feeling it.... it could have been the price tag shock.}

{Getting closer. However, this wasn't going to be big enough.}

{A little too DIY  for me.}

Basically, I wasn't finding anything that I loved. Then, the mother came to the rescue again! She had a ton of leftover muslin (She made a HUGE bra out of it for a breast cancer fundraiser) and offered to let me have it. I took her up on the offer thinking that I could make my own cute muslin bags for each person to take.

{Like this.}

So, I went to work and wasn't really sure what I was doing.... At least I was TRYING, right?!

{Me with my first muslin bag..... and my last one}

Seriously, this took me about 20 minutes.. FOR ONE! Do you know how many I can order online in 20 minutes? haha -- You see where this is going. I called my mom and said something to the effect of, "Woohoo! I made a muslin bag. It took forever so I'm ordering them." She responded, "I don't blame you." Welp, at least she was all for the online purchase.

Recently, I got a nice little package from Amazon and it was packed full of drawstring, plain muslin bags. Now, I need to figure out what I'm going to do with all of them. I tested a few out last night with an idea I had and I like them but they still need more. Enter Etsy.


{I really like this little guy.}

{... or maybe something like this.}

I'm going to explore the options a little bit, but I'll give you a sneak peek of what I've come up with so far.



No comments:

Post a Comment