Thursday, January 26, 2012

I'm Baaaccckkkk!!!!

I'm just going to get it all out on the table from the very beginning. I have a confession and it's slightly embarrassing. I applied to be a blogger on a wedding website... twice. I was rejected.... twice. So, after the second time, I became a sore loser and that's why I've been MIA! I know it's not that serious, but I put my pouty pants on and refused to even LOOK at my blog. In the meantime MR. O CAME HOME! It's been great having him back and, now that post deployment leave is over, life has settled and things are moving right along.

By "moving along," I mean the months are zipping right on past me while I try to work as fast as I can to get all of the things done that will be a part of making our wedding awesome! Since my absence, I've tried some DIY projects. Some good, some not so good. I'll give you a brief recap...

Okay, so Mr. O and I tried these and they seemed easy enough. Wrap some string around some balloons, let it dry, pop balloon, DONE! ... W R O N G. These were dumb. First of all, they were very messy which I expected but either way extremely messy. Secondly, they didn't dry as quickly as I anticipated - We gave them overnight! I even tried to hang them outside to get some air blowing around them the next day. That's when tragedy struck. They fell off the hangy thing and one popped. "Okay, this was a trial run anyway... you still have one to go," I told myself. So I rehung the second one (tighter this time) and left it to dry overnight. The next morning, I realized it had rained ALL NIGHT. Needless to say, it was no bueno and you will not be seeing an appearance of these at our wedding.

We worked on the candy bags for the candy buffet. They look great! I'm very pleased with how they are turning out and Mr. O has been a master stamper. I added a little somethin' somethin' to them to make them a little jazzier and I'm loving them. I can't wait to show them off in a few months!

If you remember, I made a wax seal stamp a while ago with the author of DesignSponge. **Side note: That was so much fun!** Well, I ordered the wax and bought the other necessary supplies... Then, I had Mr. O do them. He was so much better at this project than I was. He would get them perfectly centered and it would look round and fantastic. You could barely tell what mine were and I struggled with pretty much every aspect. However, I was able to use my new wood burning tool to improve the stamp a bit. hehe -- I have a wood burning tool!

Our invitations are coming along great. Almost every single one is addressed, has a return address, and the RSVP envelope is addressed. There are about 5 envelopes and a piece of supplies coming in the mail standing between us and the assembly! Mr. O has also been working on some purple pochettes because I didn't make enough before he got home. I like to give him jobs where he can stamp things, cut things, or use something that is hot. So far, so good.

For the most part, the projects that need to be done are ones that have already been started and I just need to revisit them. However, the photobooth is not started yet. I told my mom that I have "contracted" her and my uncle to make it. I've sent them the dimensions and I will oversee the project. haha!

Fun things that we've done that don't have to do with DIY:
  • Booked a limo
  • Mr. O found a "getaway" car for us (OMG! I love it!)
  • Booked hair and makeup for the girls and I
  • Scheduled my first fitting
  • Scheduled bridal portaits
  • Scheduled my hair trial
  • Started working out
  • Bought Mr. O a tie to wear at the reception and it matches our wedding colors perfectly!

No comments:

Post a Comment