Sunday, July 17, 2011

A Callus Builds Character: Invites Part I

From the very beginning of the wedding planning process, I picked out things that I wanted to do myself. Invites were on that list. I, initially, picked out a design from DIY Bride Magazine but it was ruled out quickly. It was almost too DIY for me & looked cheap. I, of course, didn't realize this until I started looking at blogs, magazines, more blogs, and then some more magazines. Soon after obsessing looking at all of these beautiful designs, I changed my mind once four or five times & finally decided!

I've been trying to figure out what the best process was to make the measurements and cuts. After some serious trial and error, I finally found a system! I put a lot of time into them today (while watching WE Wedding Sunday!!) and I feel like I made awesome progress. I'm making them one step at a time and once I get one step done, I'll start the next. That way, I don't have to keep remembering steps & it just makes me feel more accomplished!

I believe that I have the beginning steps of a callus on my finger. That X-acto knife will get you every time! Ha! I'm about 25% done with the first step and this is only my second day working on these beauties and only the first day that I've felt good about HOW I'm making them. It felt good.

Now that I've started a new job *Ehhhhh! :)*, this is going to turn into my weekend (probably Sunday) project for the next few weeks. Hopefully, once I get through this tedious part, it'll be smooth sailing.

Since I think that all blog posts deserve photos, I'll leave you with some invitation inspiration (say that out loud, it's fun).


This came from WeddingBee, but I don't have the link. Oops!



A lot of inspiration! Now, you can see why it took me so long to narrow down what I actually wanted. I can't wait to mail these babies out! .... in approximately 7 months. Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment